Saturday, February 20, 2010

The best kind of Saturday!

Today there is wrestling and swimming matches!  Both home......always a good thing.  Jack finished up his rec league tournament this morning.  THIS would have been my sport if I was a boy.  I am the screaming "mentalist" right along side all the dads.


Jack did great in his four matches.  Funny things?


1.  His coach (and one of our neighbors) looked at me after one of the matches and said he wanted to ask me something.  He did not have to come very far to me as I always, somehow, end up with my knees on the mat...haha!  He said, "you DO realize how tiring this is, right?"  I started laughing and I said, "whatever, it is three minutes to give it all ya got!"  He laughed so hard at me......yes, I get a bit excited...


2.  2 out of 4 matches Jack wrestled?  the other kids cried. Now, I am all for teaching good sportsmanship, but I found myself telling Jack, "Dude, first tear?  You know you got him....you gotta GO at that point!"  haha!.....hope nobody HEARD me?!


3.  This, I hope to GOD, came out on my video of the last match.  This kid was one of the criers.  Jack did great.kept focused.  At the end, when they are supposed to go mid ring and shake on it, the kid would not shake his hand and said, " I hate you."  HAHAHAH!  Jack, of course, could not believe it..told him to maintain his sportsmanship.....hand out...good match..IF i captured that on video, please expect to see us on Funniest Home Videos. ( Cam would be so excited as she never misses an episode!) After that match, Jack was interviewed by the Fort Mill Times.  Yes, you know THAT reporter!!


Here are some wrestling pix....swim to follow....this parenting thing just cracks me up!! 


I filmed all but one match ...these are the pix from that match. This is one of his biggest opponents in the league.  Kid is from Indian Land.  For years these two have matched!


The kid in the blue singlet is Jack's friend Chris King. They are on the same relays for swimming and started wrestling at the same time.  His older brother is a high school wrestler and their dad is a coach.  Jack wrestled Chris first round.  Those two look little, but seriously, they could take me down.... ROUGH!  Chris' dad said after that he loves watching those to wrestle because it was like trapping two wild cats in a paper bag and sealing it up!  haha!  I love that!


Bottom pic is Brody, Jack and Spencer!  ( Spencer is Jack's military buddy...doesn't he look so grown up? Spence is the even crazier about the military than Jack is...if you can believe that!)






CLICK ON PIX TO ENLARGE